Friday, March 19, 2010

Thierry Henry v Arsenal



in 2006 Champions League Final, Thierry Henry led Arsenal to face Barcelona. He didnt score, but how he tricked Puyol, how he carried the whole Arsenal attack all by his own, was deeply craved in my heart
my email address: th_zili@hotmail.com -the th in front, if you do not realise, it actually stands for
Thierry Henry - the initials of my idol!

my laptop wallpaper, is this:


Since I started watching football, Henry has always = Arsenal.
I watched how Wenger converted him from a left-winger to the deadliest striker in the world
I watched how he missed so many opportunity to score before he finally got his 1st goal for Arsenal
I watched how he scored his 100 EPL goal, how he got his 200 goals for arsenal.
I watched how he KISS HIGHBURY GOODBYE.
I am not lying: but my tears just cant hold anymore.
just watch this:

people, if you say Rooney is the complete player or the best now, you must have not watch Thierry Henry played.
I remember his best season, 30 goals, 14 assists.
and Rooney is still no where near there in EPL.
I am not saying Rooney is not good, but with Thierry Henry at his prime, Rooney has to keep skin.
I said Messi is great. But has he won World Cup? No.

Duaham, you said Nasri s goal was superb, take a look at this 2 goals from Henry:

nasri's goal was against porto, this one is against the mighty MU! and the MU keeper was the best in the world that time.

if its not that impressive, look at this:

from one end to another end.

the thing is: Henry is the player that create history. our invincible season in 2004. 38 matches wihtout a defeat! :)

is Ian Wright better? NO! because:
1. henry score more goals
2. henry had a lot more assists than him
3. I am not meant to be biased, but Wright played when Dennis Bergkamp was in his prime as well. to play alongside the 2 times runners-up of FIFA world player of the year, make things easy
4. even Wright said: what Henry has done, its remarkable.

I was deeply influenced by him as well. i believed the day when he retired, and in another 10 years, when another striker brings the ball from left, cut in, and curl the ball towards the far post: the commentator would say: this is a Thierry Henry goal.

for me, each time if i score a goal like that, i would celebrate it greatly: its a tribute to my idol :)
Thierry Henry - the King of Highbury - the Legend of Arsenal

I never blamed him for leaving, but I couldnt bear if he scores against us.

The day is as gloomy as the end of the world.
the legacy of thierry henry, long lives in my heart!

No comments: